Friday, April 23, 2004

 I must be in a bad mood... 

I've had it. I just can't take it anymore. I've read and read and read about this Bush administration, and I know that I hate them and all that they're doing with all my heart, and yet half the frickin' country still thinks they're doing a bang-up job, and a third of the other half is still undecided. That's just ridiculous, and if the events of the past 3 months aren't enough actual physical evidence for their evil and/or incompetence, I don't know what is. I keep hoping one or another of these scandals will finally shatter the public's illusion about the current state of affairs, and yet this administration's veneer of adequacy, although weakened considerably, is still standing.

That just shouldn't be, in a just world.

And when I read about polls that suggest that a majority of American's still think Iraq had anything to do with 9/11, and that this government does absolutely nothing to disabuse them of that notion simply because it serves their political ends, then I begin to think that it's all a grand waste of my time.

Maybe I'm just in a really bad mood about this, and I'll come back to my senses later. I hope so - I've tried so hard not to despair, but sometimes it's just really really difficult to keep thinking that the forces of right and truth will win out here.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?