Tuesday, July 15, 2003

 "Obsessed?" Call me "concerned" instead  

OK, so I have posted a lot on the whole issue of the Iraq War lately. What may not have been clear to anyone reading when I started this blog was that I'd been following the whole run-up to the War for months, so the percentage of postings I make here is still representative of the amount of time I spend keeping up with new events. Last spring Cindy noted something I'd said which I'd actually forgotten, which was that a couple weeks after September 11, 2001, I had guessed that before all was said and done, the US would end up occupying Iraq. I had said that if there was just the flimsiest connection between al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein, the US was just going to invade Iraq outright and finish him.

For once in my life, I'd actually made an astute political prediction. But it took Cindy to remind me that I'd ever even made it in the first place! (Maybe that's what the blog is for - so I can remember what the heck I'm even thinking.)

In any case, I still follow events as they develop with great interest and concern. The way I see it, how can I not care? This is my country too dammit, and those in power have been saying and doing things which I consider arrogant, self-serving, short-sighted, and dishonest. So why shouldn't I follow with great interest as the mainstream media, which for months has been acquiescent and gullible to the Bush message, are finally starting to wake up to what the real political blogs have been hammering on for months now.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?