Saturday, June 28, 2003

 Notes from the week.... 

Cindy had a mid-week trip to Colorado for a meeting of climate modelers in Breckenridge. It sounds like it was a productive meeting, but in the past couple days since her return, she gets occasional nosebleeds. It's a tricky proposition, having someone go from sea level to 10,000 feet for just a three-day confab...

I found out that the business unit I'm in at Yahoo is moving again, for the second time in three months. This time to a new building still undergoing the finishing touches, catty-corner to our current campus location. I was none too pleased, especially since our engineering group only recently began to enjoy the excellent location at the north end of the campus, with an unhindered view of the east-bay hills (and for me, a view of all the birds that frequent the marshes and salt evaporators)...

Cindy will be making another trip to Colorado toward the end of July, for two weeks. But for once I will likely be joining her, at least for one weekend. That weekend will be that of our aforementioned BU move, so maybe this trip will distract me from my disgruntled state of mind...

Now I get to don my concert promoter hat and listen to demo CDs for various ensembles to play at our wedding ceremony. Sometimes I wonder about how this perhaps would have been my destiny - that is, being a wedding performer - if I'd pursued a career in music. I'm sometimes wistful about my choice long ago to make music a hobby and science my career, but then I wonder how happy I'd really be if I'd reversed that decision...

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?